RULES OF CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
1. The School day commences with a prayer at the Morning Assembly and students /teachers must be on time for it. At the sound of the first bell all must immediately get into line for assembly and remain in silence. After the assembly they will walk in silence to their classes.
2. It is compulsory for every student to be present on the closing and re-opening day of the school after every vacation. The only exception to the above rule will be ill health of the student in question, in which case it should be notified to the school authorities within two days and not when the student comes back to school. Failing to do so, the name of the student will be struck off the school register.
3. Every student must possess an identity card issued by the school. This card must be renewed periodically.
4. Every student must have a copy of the School Diary which must be brought to school every class day. A student will not be allowed to sit in class without the School Diary. Losing a school diary is a serious fault. A fine of Rs. 100/ has to be paid to get a new diary.
5. No remarks written in the diary can be cancelled by anyone other than the Principal/Vice Principal/Coordinator.
6. General Remarks are given for serious breach of discipline and hence can be taken into consideration as a deterrent to promotion or even dismissal from the School.
7. Pupils who have been absent from class must have the reason entered in the regularity record stating briefly the cause of absence. The statement must be written and signed by Parent/Guardian. Reasons of a private nature may be submitted in a letter.
8. An absence due to illness for two or more days, besides being entered in the Regularity Record under ‘Absent’ must be accompanied by a doctor’s prescription.
9. If an unauthorised absence from the school exceeds 15 days, the student’s name may be struck off the rolls, and he/she may not be readmitted to school.
10. Absence from the school without leave is not tolerated except when the cause is sudden illness or unforeseen circumstances, in which case the information must be given at the earliest. A leave granted must be recorded in the Regularity Record under ‘Leave’ in the school diary. This must be signed by Principal / V. Principal.
11. Leave of absence is not given without a previous written application from the parent / guardian stating the reason, which must be a serious one. Such reasons as birthdays, excursions, festivals, urgent business, time to study for an examination, are not considered sufficient.
12. A fine may be imposed by the Principal/ V. Principal for absences from school which cannot be justified.
13. Early Departure: It is availed when there is an emergency at home or when a student gets sick in the school. It is not granted to those who come from sick.
14. Late arrival to school is a breach of discipline. A student who comes late to school must enter the date and time of arrival in the Regularity Record under ‘Late’.
15. Repeated late comers may be fined / suspended and their parents may be called to the office of Vice Principal.
16. Readmission to class, for absentees and late-comers, is granted when they show the teacher in charge the Regularity Record duly counter-signed by the Principal /Vice Principal.
17. It is mandatory for a student to attend the school on days marked ‘Attendance Compulsory’.
18. Pupils are not allowed to leave the school without the permission of the Principal /V Principal, who will require a written request from the parents. No one other than the parents or persons authorised by them, may take the child out of the school. When permission is given, a gate Pass will be issued
19. Students must bring their own tiffin from home and should avoid buying tiffin from shops around the school. The school is not responsible for the food sold by these vendors.
20. Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience or pupils whose conduct in and out of the school premises is injurious to the moral climate of the school or incompatible with strict discipline will be dealt with sternly. In particular stealing and resorting to unfair means during tests and examinations will not be tolerated.
21. Students should come to school in full uniform. They must look clean and tidy. Whenever the complete or correct uniform cannot be worn, permission to attend school must be obtained on the Regularity Record under ‘Uniform’.
22. Visits to restaurants, cinema, multiplexes, other public days etc in school uniform without the knowledge of school authorities on school days is a serious breach of discipline inviting action. Hair colouring, using styling gel and fashionable hair cuts are not allowed in school.
23. All should speak in English in the school premises.
24. Every student should be diligent in carrying out the home works and other assignment that are given to them.
25. Every student attending school is obliged to take part in the co-curricular activities organised by the school.
26. Students are responsible for the safe custody of their own books and belongings. Each article should be marked with the student’s name.
27. Drug abuse, drinking or coming to school under the influence of alcohol, smoking, chewing pan, chewing gum, betal nut or tobacco products, any form of verbal or written obscenity are strictly forbidden.
28. Students should not bring valuable articles to the school. No cell phones, cameras, walkman, transistor radio, watches with alarm, CDs & DVDs and other similar fancy items shall be brought to the school. The school is not responsible for money or jewellery that is lost when brought to school.
29. No pupil is allowed to bring books, magazines, newspapers or other periodicals into the school without the permission of the Principal / Vice-Principal.
30. No one is allowed to remain inside the class room during break and the games period except when it rains.
31. During the change of periods or when going from one class room to another, silence must be observed.
32. Students are to address their teachers and all members of the School Staff with due respect and politeness. Arrogant and challenging behaviour towards teaching or non-teaching staff is forbidden.
33. On their way to and from school, students must behave in a disciplined manner.
34. Don Bosco students should also be polite among themselves, speaking gently to one another and behaving at all times in a friendly and loving manner. Any serious misconduct with fellow students will be dealt with severely even to the extent of dismissal.
35. Any damage to school property is to be made good by the student / students involved.
36. Every student is expected to subscribe towards small schools shows and local charities if authorized by the Principal.
37. No collections or fines or funds are to be made in the school without the explicit permission of the Principal / Vice-Principal.
38. Students are not allowed to bring two wheelers to school or drive a four wheeler to school.
39. Vacations are given in the school calendar or announced by the Principal well in advance. These holidays may not be anticipated or extended. Unauthorised absence on the last days before vacation and delays in returning to school will incur fines and if necessary ‘re-admission’ to the school.
40. In view of the required number of working days as prescribed by the Council unscheduled holidays will be made up with classes on Saturdays and other holidays as and when required.